Some of its points of interest are:
Cantos de Visera, The “Mediodia” cave, Arabilejo and its cup and ring marks, The Cueva del Tesoro, Casa Marta’s chapel, Caserío de Los Ibañez
Cantos de Visera
Rock art in two rock shelters. In the first one we can observe forty Palaeolithic carvings and paintings of animals representing the fauna: bulls, horses, caprids. In the second there are seventy paleolithic carvings and paintings of animals among which the ones representing the fauna such as bulls, deers, equidae (the horse family), caprids and birds stand out. There are also schematic figures and paintings such as broken, snake-shaped, cruciform and point-sized lines, box work…
In spite of being painted read, they look darker (tending to black).
The “Mediodia” cave
Rock art. It’s located in an overhang serving as a kind of shelter over a plain several metres long, inside which there are several coves.
We can see three groups of paintings from different tonalities.
Figures painted in dark red. A horizontal zigzag line and a group of human figures with their arms interlocked.
Figures painted in yellow. A human figure, a very stylised figure, and a double stick-like symmetrical figure.
Figures painted in red. There are stick-like symmetrical figures, a very slender equestrian figure, two human figures, two figures drawn around a central axis and numerous arch-shaped ramifications, together with the representation of a caprid and above it, a double axe and two large-eyed small idols.
Arabilejo and its cup and ring marks
Engravings called “cazoletas” which are located in the southern part of el Arabilejo, a small mountain 900 metres high with a wide plain on its summit, which we must consider to be part of Iberian schematic art. The technique used for its elaboration is pecking, descaling and rock abrasion. There are more than fifty cup and ring hemispherical marks in el Arabilejo, which are connected by thin snake-shaped lines between the cup and ring marks.
This manifestation of rock art is directly related to the fortified village located in the summit of el Arabilejo. About twenty huts would make up a little population centre, dedicated to activities concerning farm economy around the mid-centuries of the II millennium B.C.
The Cueva del Tesoro
The entrance to the cave is at ground level, with a diameter of 0,6 metres. Then there is a short tunnel which must be crossed by crawling while descending slightly. Behind this tunnel there is a small room and several galleries which aren’t very deep.
Caserío de Los Ibañez
It’s a group of two storey workers’ houses with farmyards and stables, a well and a chapel with dovecote.
The well has a waterwheel for animal traction, protected by wooden beams and wattles.
The chapel was founded in 1752 dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and then, of Saint Anthony of Padua. At present, it is well preserved.
Casa Marta’s chapel
It’s a chapel devoted to “Nuestra Señora del Rosario” (Our Lady of the Rosary), located in a small village called Casa Marta, which was built in 1749 according to the inscription in its entrance.