For further information: in the Tourist Office, Plaza Mayor (Main Square) unnumbered- 30510 Yecla (Murcia) Spain
968 75 41 04
Opened every day/ Visiting hours during winter: from 9 to 13h and from 16 to 18h. Mass times: 17:00 h
Visiting hours during summer: from 9:00 to 13: 00h and from 16- 18h. Mass times: 18:00 h
You can find:
The Sanctuary was built in the second half of 13th century and later remodelled and extended in the second half of the 18th century. In 1886 it was fully renovated according to the project by the architect Justo Millán Espinosa. The building has a rectangular plan and is made of a single nave with barrel vaults. Inside the Sanctuary, the niche in which the image of the patron saint of Yecla is located, which is a work by the artist from Alcoy Miguel Torregrosa Alonso, stands out. The Throne in which “La Virgen de la Purísima” is placed is a work by the Valencian Francisco Teruel (1952). The main altarpiece of baroque style was made by Lorente brothers (1977). The Chapel of the Saint Christ of the Sepulchre is of octagonal plan and above it, there is a semi-spherical dome built in 1956. The reclining image of Christ is a work made by Miguel Torregrosa Alonso (1941) and the urn containing the image was made by the artist from Yecla José Villanueva (1942).